Still no one talks in general or otherwi ...

his is the most frustrating thing in the game to me....



If people would talk a bit, letting others know what is going on where, what public quests are going, and who all is going to try to take enemy territory... The game would be soooo much more enjoyable...



I mean I try to open up disscusion myself, but of course NO ONE answers at all...






In this game we need to communicate!! Its not hard to do dammit!



Hopefully the communication problems is due to the game being very new... But any of you that read this... Consider dropping a general hello to the world.. Maybe talk a bit about how the game's mechanics and balance... Damn if we could get organization and strategy talk that would be awesome...



It all has to start somewere, so stop being so damn SHY!! Talk a bit, even if its just to say hello....



THis will make this game better, ill bet my life on it...



Hope I enspired a few to talk in general or otherwise...



Nefariou,Zealot of Zolkmar Server


Anyone else agree??


I asked earlier where can I buy some gear no one responded, I felt alienated...


I talk to myself in General until people pick up the conversation.



The problem is, most people are more focused on leveling and usually, people never spoke in the actual questing areas of other MMOs, just in major cities...which, in WAR, are usually quiet, unfortunately.


Several areas in the same zone have their own chat channel, which alienates whoever else may be in the same zone but not the same area. Still, I have seen a lot more chat recently than I have before, and I have seen a ton more chat on an oceanic order server.


I keep forgetting to change the text color of my general chat to be different from the loot messages.


I narrarate what I'm doing.


Probably not contributing to breaking the silence.


alright I am being a bit obsessive about this, but its cus I reallly like the gameplay of this game....



I was just on WOW..... I had absolutly no problem with talking with other players... In fact several players offered to help me out just for the hell of it....



Still in WAR it seems to be a silent community.... Only in guilds do you get some talk, and only in certain ones do you get much more talk than without a guild....



WE NEED TO CHANGE THIS!! START TALKING IN GENERAL!! START CARING ABOUT OTHER PLAYERS, SHOWING IT BY GIVING ADVICE AND POSSIBLY HELPING THIEM%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;






I know I must seem like a hardcore kind of guy, but I really think we need to UP THE COMMUNITY CORRESPONDENCE... IF WE DON't THIS GAME MIGHT FAIL....



DON%26quot;T Be AFRAID TO ASK A SIMPLE QUESTION IN GENERAL.... AND IF YOU CAN GIVE SOME ADVICE DO IT!! WILL ONLY TAKE YOU A MINUTE AT MOST TO WRITE DOWN WHAT YOU KNOW%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;





SOrrry for so many caps and whatnot, but I LOVE this game, and being a long veteran of many MMORPG's I am observing a very low amount of simple communication....



THis game is already awesome, but WE CAN MAKE IT SOO MUCH BETTER.. we only need to communicate a bit more...



Just my 2 cents for the night... GET TO IT WAR PLAYERS!! LETS make this game the best it can be!


My guild talk to much all I see is massive text.


They need to change the general chat so that it covers the whole zone, and not split up into mini zones. Maybe even tier chat.


I'd happily chat with you, just don't know how %26gt;.%26gt;



Never quite figured out how to chat in general, always confuses me when i try.



I'd happily chat with you, just don't know how



I actually think that's part of the problem. Many of the players may not even KNOW how to chat in the area channels.. because it's not really explicitly stated HOW. From what I've seen, anyway. You can click the chat button thing to switch between Party/Say/Guild/etc, but it doesn't allow you to switch to any kind of global channel. *shrug* So many people may not know how.



But there's plenty of other reasons too.. For one, most players are focused on leveling at the moment. The game is still new and we're still in that %26quot;mad dash to the finish%26quot; phase. Once the endgame is more established, and there's more players in each tier, there should be more a bit more communication.



And of course there's the fact that Mythic made the area channels so damn small.. they desperately need to add global channels.


Most people in my server have anonymous turned on to avoid gold spam, and there's a lot of obvious farmers as well (people that simply farm, add to the AH and never respond to tells) I think public grouping and the other social options are much more commonly used than general chat. Plus this game is a lot simpler to the layman than WoW.


Some people don't know how to chat yet. Some people dont know to type /1 for general. Some people just got the game and are still figuring it out. The community hasn't developed yet. Give it a minute. And also it is possible this game will never have the social aspect of WoW. This game is about killing, not guild drama and lame general chat.