Auctioneer Is a Tool For EVIIIIIILLLL!

Wag the Auctioneer


Last night I found myself a bit short on cash (yes, it happens!), so I decided to revisit a time-honored tradition of WoW Auctioneers everywhere: selling items from the auction house that you don%26#8217;t own yet.


This tactic involves using the search capabilities of Norganna%26#8217;s Auctioneer Addon to find undervalued blue and purple items, then %26#8220;selling%26#8221; them at an increased rate over the Trade channel.



Example: Using Auctioneer I see someone selling an Assassin%26#8217;s Blade for 50 gold - Auctioneer tells me that dagger is easily worth 200 gold, so I start advertising it for 175 gold on the Trade channel %26#8230; someone agrees to buy it so I hit the buyout, meet my customer and pocket a handy 125 gold profit.


Sometimes I find it hard to believe this still works, and it got me thinking: other people have to be doing this also, how can I have some fun with the competition? Well, it turns out you can have alot of fun with your fellow auctioneers, but I doubt they will be laughing along with you.


I realized I had an extra Tigerstrike Mantle in my bank. I saw that these go for around 40-50 gold, depending on the 20-29 battleground climate. So I take it to the auction house, list it for 95 gold and relog with a lower-level alt. At this point I start filling the Trade channel with %26#8220;WTB Tigerstrike Mantle 150 gold - PST.%26#8221;


Wouldn%26#8217;t you know it, but later someone whispers me telling me they have it for sale. So I tell them I%26#8217;m way out in the middle of nowhere, so I will meet up with them in the nearest major city. Then comes the magical little moment I see the message that the Tigerstrike Mantle has sold; I whisper them back something along the lines of %26#8220;I really can%26#8217;t afford it right now, sorry dude.%26#8221; And voila - I just sold an item for nearly twice what its really worth.


Hey, I am a rogue you know.


For more off-the-wall strategies like this one, you should check out Derek%26#8217;s Warcraft Riches Guide. It%26#8217;s full of some tried-and-true strategies for ruining the auction house barons on your realm and easily making up to 200 gold an hour.